RE: [OM] RE: Make up your mind was OM 2000

Subject: RE: [OM] RE: Make up your mind was OM 2000
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 19:49:58 +0100
I mostly concur John, save that you didn't mention single malt, despite
three clear and relevant opportunities.  An oversight, I am sure.

Since I have yet to imbibe this evening, and have not seen the OM-2000 at
all, I feel equally qualified...

OM-PC is a very nice piece of kit, with advanced features such as OTF flash
metering from the -3 and -4, together with the ESP metering (which I believe
is used on current Oly digitals), combined with relatively low prices - you
could regard them as expendable alongside your 4T (or M-1).

BUT take care you don't get a lemon at other than a suitable price, such as
the PC I bought from the online auction for $200.  With various lenses
thrown in.  Which I sold for $240.  Which helped to pay the $140 to replace
the circuits.  Net $100 I can live with for a refurbed PC - $200 for an
unrefurbed is a different matter.

I have seen a cousin of the OM-2000, marketed hereabouts under the Vivitar
brand.  You would not be impressed by the finish, nor cosmetics, nor the
specification alongside any OM, I would say.

Piers