Re: [OM] True, or just BS?

Subject: Re: [OM] True, or just BS?
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 20:02:39 -0400
I don't know about Sigma and Tokina coatings.  What I do know is that some
coatings are more resistant to "cleaning" than others.
For example, lots of people have reported scratching the coatings on the front
element of their Zuiko 28/2 in particular.

It could very well be that Leitz did more research about coatings that are
resistent to cleaning than Olympus did.  It's very likely
to me that they have higher quality standards than Tokina when it comes to
every facet of construction, from helicoids to
fit-n-finish to coatings.  But you know what?  None of the Leitz optics,
exquisite though they may be, fit on my OM mount!

Lama

From: "Albert"