Re: [OM] RE: Make up your mind was OM 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Make up your mind was OM 2000
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:53:38 -0500
At 01:31 PM 7/4/2003 -0500, you wrote:
OK People,
Make up your mind what you think about the camera. It seems like whatever your mood is when you wake up in the morning, that's how you approach this subject...

Here's my take on the OM-2000:

I believe you'll pretty much get what you pay for if it's a reasonable price. I don't believe you'll find it as hardy or as durable as the other double-digit (exceptimg the OM-77 and OM-88 which I've never even seen) and especially the single-digit OM's. Me? For a consumer class OM mount camera body, I'd spend the $$ on an OM-PC in "KEH EX" condition.

Opinion offered expires at midnight tonight and is subject to change without notice.

;-)

-- John

I agree with John, and I actually own one. Also own an OMPC which gets more use than the OM2000. However, for my purposes, which includes shooting slides in deep winter, I do think the OM2000 has its place. It has a fine meter, including spot, which I think is a little more accurate than an OM-1.

Joel W.