Re: [OM] Anybody shoot at F22?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody shoot at F22?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:09:39 +0800
Mickey Trageser wrote:

Albert,
As you probably know, most lenses have their maximum sharpness in the
midrange of aperture. Choosing one extreme or the other is a compromise for
purpose. In your example, your purpose was to shoot a longer exposure, so
the gain of that capability in the circumstance was worth it. To maintain
sharpness, you could choose a slower film and use ND filters. Although the
addition of filters presents its own compromise, setting the lens in its
sweet spot makes it  the better choice.

I don't know how you can compare a 28 to a 24. I don't find themto be
interchangable, regardless of the DOF. Their angles of view are quite
different. If you are interested in the DOF, check the charts for each lens.
In use, I've found the Zuiko 24/2.8 to be very sharp and generous with DOF.

-Mickey
I know that most at F8 or F5.6 will be the sharpest, F16 is a drop in quality, and F22 probably even more so. Also, I know an ND is a better choice, but as I don't have one, A PL will have to do, also, it did cut the water reflections quite a bit, and so I was happy about that..

I really wish the sync speed is faster too..

Albert