Re: [OM] OM Prices

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Prices
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 01:38:36 -0400
When I was comparing fast 80mm lenses, the AI Nikkors and FD Canons were more
money than the OM 85/2 at KEH.

Maybe Nikkor & Canon prices are driven by pros who are using digitals with AF
lenses?  I'm guessing as I'm not a pro.

In spite of our home-grown pride of ownership, I think the market prices on the
Good Stuff are based on Collectors, not shooters.

I barely got $39.99 for a Zuiko 135 f3.5 in perfect shape with genuine caps &
genuine case.

The camera store downtown has had one in the window, new, at $150 for about 20
years.  It will never sell- it should have been
marked down at clearance a long time ago.

Lama

From: "Titoy"> I just want to note that Nikon users are not better off, if not
worse off.