[OM] Equipment comparison

Subject: [OM] Equipment comparison
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:17:07 +0800
It is hot here in Taiwan, and so my friend Andy ended up not lugging out the 4x5, and the big tripod, so he brought his contax system, which is still very big..

We went to the Botanical gardens, and shot quite a bit of the flowers there. the Lily ponds are beautiful.

It was a nice day, and so a lot of people out there in the morning shootin' flowers.

Here's my personal take on equipment;

I tried his Contax. It's big, and the viewfinder is not as bright. The lenses were easy to focus, but I was not very use to the placement of the controls. I'll wait to comment on the quality of pics when I see the pics..

There were quite the C*non and N*kon trolls there. Especially the "white lens" group.. They brought out their C*non 300mm, etc.. of course the irony is that I got there the same time everybody else did, and I had finished shooting an entire roll when most haven't finished setting up their equipment. I was there for about 2 hours, and when we packed up, quite a few packed up as well (lunch time).. There were a few people, who went there, that didn't press the shutter button... not even once.. They unpacked their equipment, setup their equipment, chatted with everybody about this lens and that lens, and at the end, when everybody packed up to go to lunch, they didn't even take one shot..

This is just simply amazing to me; as that was what happened to me yesterday at one of the big temples.. Andy had told me this is true most of the time, and I didn't believe him.. And so I snuck over and took a peek at the other guy's camera.. He's on shot #2 ;-) So after two hours, a few of them actually did take 1 shot.. 1 shot..

1 shot!!

Ouch.. and there were quite a few that didn't take any shots, I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there.. What are these people doing??
<sigh>  At least I personally had fun..

Albert