Re: [OM] Equipment comparison

Subject: Re: [OM] Equipment comparison
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 01:11:27 -0700
Glad you had fun. At first I thought you were judging these other people on some other kind of criteria, perhaps including number of pictures taken. Apparently quality is not a criterion here? However, if your criterion is simply having fun (And a great criterion it is, too!), then they may have had fun too. In fact, if they, or one or more of them, were not only doing something they enjoyed, but also weren't getting all hot(ter) under the collar and <sigh>ing about what the people around them were doing to enjoy themselves, they may have had more fun than you did! Of course, if making judgements about others actions without knowing what moves them is fun for you, maybe you had the most fun of all. Kind of hard to tell who is the winner when inner satisfaction is the measure. I prefer to just enjoy myself and not worry about it.

Some people have been known to fish without a hook. If the goal is to catch fish, that may not be a good plan. If not, it is. Me? I don't need an excuse to just contemplate, so I skip the gear altogether, but I hope those people with the gear are having the time of their lives, with or without hooks.

Moose

Albert wrote:

Ouch.. and there were quite a few that didn't take any shots, I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there.. What are these people doing?? <sigh> At least I personally had fun..