[OM] Agfa Scala

Subject: [OM] Agfa Scala
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:25:32 -0500
Soegi,

Agfa Scala is one of my most favorite, if infrequently used films. It is
capable of an incredible tonality, and will rival the finest B&W prints,
even projected very large. Why it was invented continues to baffle me,
though. It must be the subject of graduate level studies of niche markets in
business schools.

It is a proprietary process, so there are very few labs that do it. I
suspect that this is a good thing, as the quantity would otherwise be too
small to support a well regulated machine.

People on other lists have speculated that it can be processed by the dr5
people, but I am unaware of anyone who has tried. That process is also well
regarded, by the way.

This means you would be better off sending it to Toronto, and waiting the
inevitable two weeks or so. One good thing, I don't think it will bring back
SARS!

Bill Pearce