[OM] Re: ( OM ) antics on oBoy

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) antics on oBoy
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 18:20:35 +1200
Hi Rich & all

Rich wrote
> One of the reasons I email sellers - in addition to getting more information
> about an item - is just to find out what kind of people they are: polite,
> honest, etc., or otherwise.

I agree. One good way to get the measure of a seller is to talk to them.
Many doubtful cases soon show up and you can walk away from the auction
knowing that in all likelihood you have avoided being burned.

Even after asking questions, people may not even bid. They may be ultra-
cautious, not decided if the really need that lens or whatever, can they get it
into the house past the mail detectives, or whatever. All par for the course.

Brian