Re: [OM] Olympus E-1 Olympus 1st SLR Digital camera???

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-1 Olympus 1st SLR Digital camera???
From: Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Jul 2003 04:59:18 -0500
>>> On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:31:44 +0000, dolphans1@xxxxxxx said:

 d> Has anyone on the board purchased the E-1 digital camera? I'm really
excited
 d> about it. I know I haven't posted in a while, primarily because Olympus
 d> discontinued the OM-series, maybe this will bring me back out of retirement.

 d> How does Clint and John feel about this new camera? Any chance you guys
will
 d> get trained on it by Olympus, to work on them? Never know.

 d> Today is the first I read it and I barely glance the newspaper in the
morning.

 d> How much is the body selling for retail or best price?

 d> How about the 200mm f-2.8?

 d> Will a regular zuiko lens mount onto it?

 d> Their new lens mount technology is really interesting and I hope it catches
on.

 d> Sam....

Sam,

The E1 doesn't come to market until some time in the fall. The list
prices are expensive and it will not take OM lenses, only four-thirds
lenses.

To be honest, you're not likely to get a lot of response here because
we talked the subject to death last month, there must have been
hundreds of messages about it. I think everybody is still exausted.

Johnie