Re: [OM] Olympus E-1 Olympus 1st SLR Digital camera???

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-1 Olympus 1st SLR Digital camera???
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:06:44 -0400
E-1 system will start selling in October.  It's predictable that people who
use it will like it.   I'll bet build quality will be as top notch as an
E-10 or 20.  Lens prices are way too high, though.  They should be atleast
50 0.000000e+00ss than what's listed (unless severe discounting will be allowed,
which I doubt) It depends where net price is in relation to list.
Manufacturers are not sharing repair information with independent shops
(something that went to court years ago regarding mechanical cameras.  The
manufacturers lost).  Though it may be different for Clint as his shop is a
warranty service station.
As an example: HP won't sell repair parts at all, you have to send them the
camera and they EXCHANGE it (without the customers knowledge).  Now THAT'S a
lawsuit waiting to happen.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,