Re: [OM] oly point and shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] oly point and shoot
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:34:42 -0700
They are different shapes so its not an exact comparison... the Stylus Epic
is roughly the same thickness, just a hair longer (1/16" ??) and a bit
shorter than the XA-3; I have both sitting on the desk here. All
measurements taken by eyeball with no mechanical assistance.

Due to the different shapes, one may prefer the carryability of one shape
over the other, but I think the sizes are pretty close, with the Stylus Epic
just slightly shorter overall, other dimensions insignificantly close.

Note that the Stylus Epic includes the flash in this, adding the A-11 to the
XA makes it quite a bit larger... My feeling is that the Stylus Epic is the
XA updated, with AF, built-in flash, and motor wind... all those '90s
features that the XA didn't have. As is usual, the manual controls/overrides
got left off, had they been included the Stylus Epic could have been near
perfect.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...