Re: [OM] Olympus XA aperture problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus XA aperture problem
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:39:35 -0700
Congrats on a great find... the aperture slide should move without too much
effort. Its not a difficult fix, but getting inside the XA isn't a one-step
process. To clean the aperture slide, you would need to remove the bottom,
top, and front panel...

You might try using if for a while and see if the slide loosens up, it may
be sticky due to age. If you got the camera for a low price (I wish I went
to those kind of garage sales...!) then it could be economic to send it in
for repair. You can buy a clean XA used for ~$60 or so, so that might be an
alternative. I'd recommend using it for a few rolls and see if it loosens
up... if not, find another one and sell this one to me -- I'll fix it <g>.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...