Re: [OM] True, or just BS? (Effect of lost lens coating)

Subject: Re: [OM] True, or just BS? (Effect of lost lens coating)
From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:53:33 -0400
CH,

At 7:57 PM +0000 7/8/03, olympus-digest wrote:
>Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 22:25:32 +0800
>From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] True, or just BS? (Effect of lost lens coating)

I guess I didn't explain myself clearly enough.  The point I was making so
indirectly was that the side of the eyeglass lens that's closest to the eyeball
is not shrouded with a baffled black tube (the lens barrel and camera body), so
light can just leak in from the sides.  If you put your hands around the
eyeglasses, blocking light from the sides, the reflections in the lenses will
go away, even if the eyeglass lenses are uncoated.

Joe Gwinn