[OM] The Magnificent Epic/MJU-II (was oly point and shoot)

Subject: [OM] The Magnificent Epic/MJU-II (was oly point and shoot)
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:04:41 +1000
On 07/08/03 John Hermansonwrote:

"Stylus Epic is almost exactly the same length as an XA but is skinnier,
shorter, lighter.  It gives unusually sharp results!"

And Les Clark followed up with:

"True, true, true!...especially about the sharpness of the lens."

Well, in late '99 my company's retirement present to me was, amongst other
stuff, an Oly Epic. It was the first Olympus I'd owned and subsequently led
me to this list which has been a delight ever since. I guess I've put around
a hundred rolls of film through it including about twenty when we spent a
month in the US. Amazingly, there's hardly been a disappointing result and
even though I've now got a 10, two -2's and two -1's plus an assortment of
glass etc, the Epic always goes along either in the bag or my pocket. It's
quick, sharp, and reliable and must be the best value around for P&S cameras
regardless of brand.

John.