RE: [OM] oly point and shoot

Subject: RE: [OM] oly point and shoot
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:19:45 +1000
> Daniel Mitchell [mailto:danmitchell@xxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Oh, fair enough. Local stores here in Auckland want more
> like NZ$250-300 for one (=US$170-200), so e*ay prices are
> a lot better.

Yep. I got mine off e*ay for AUS$66 (approx. US$43 NZ$74 39Euro)
and it works fine, though they retail for about AUS$219 or AUS$299
for the "Quartz Date" model. I'm quite impressed with its flash
ability too (for exposure rather than power of course). It's *very*
point-and-shoot though - almost no control...but then, there's
not many cameras you can almost be guaranteed to win a game
of Quick Draw McGraw with either, and without anyone knowing
that you're "packing heat". It's great for family or friendly
gatherings, without becoming something you feel you're hauling
around everywhere when you don't really want to be "The
Photograper".

I still want an XA though.

Cheers
Marc