Re: [OM] oly point and shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] oly point and shoot
From: Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Jul 2003 05:09:17 -0500
>>> On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:47:27 -0600, "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
>>> said:

 jnm> You would have to move quickly or in-leakage variances would
 jnm> distort your results. /jim

 jnm> -----Original Message-----
 jnm> From: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 jnm> [mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike
 jnm> Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 9:52 PM
 jnm> To: olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 jnm> Subject: Re: [OM] oly point and shoot

 >> XA 102x64.5x40, Stylus Epic 109.2x58.4x38.1 -- so it depends on
 >> which sizes you're measuring.. The XA is a lot less rounded off,
 >> too, which makes it hard to judge by eye.....

 m> Dan, What we "need" to know is which has the least overall volume.
 m> Here's an easy way to tell. Take a glass and pour 3/4 full of your
 m> favorite brew. Drink the remaining 5 1/2 bottles. This should put you in
 m> the right frame of mind to complete the experiment. Now take each camera
 m> and dunk it in the glass and mark the high water mark. The one that
 m> displaces the least brew is the smaller. couldn't be any simpler.

Yes, but drinking the other 5 1/2 bottles would make the variances
insignificant. :)

Johnie