Re: [OM] The variety of XA's...

Subject: Re: [OM] The variety of XA's...
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 21:10:35 -0500
Chances are one of the galvanometer's springs has looped over one of the tabs
inside.  Not the sort of thing the service manual deals with.  You'll have to
remove the top cover at least.  If the spring at the rear end is the one
that's looped, you might be able to dislodge it (don't bend it!), but if it's
the front one, the rangefinder will have to be removed, then the meter itself
removed from the rangefinder's frame, then the "can" over the meter removed
to get to the front spring.

Other "common" meter problems are debris stuck to the magnet inside the meter
(hangs up the frame intermittantly, keeping it from moving smoothly) and the
pivots of the frame slipping out of the cups on either end.  This latter
problem I suspect is due to the fact that the meter is oriented horizontally
rather than vertically, as with most other camera meters, making it more
susceptible to impact.