Re: [OM] oly point and shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] oly point and shoot
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 20:06:17 -0500
Olympus does _not_ make *waterproof* cameras!  They are _weatherproof_!

Believe it or not, there is a specific legal definition of each term.  In
fact, there are several "grades" of weatherproofing, depending on how long
the item can endure water at what force applied to it.

The bottom line is that none of the Olympus _weatherproof_ models is made to
be submerged.  If you do, and it still works, consider yourself lucky!