Re: [OM] Macro Flash Shoe Ring question

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Flash Shoe Ring question
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:01:50 -0300
on 9/07/2003 19:45, Jeff Keller at jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I suspect most of the macro lenses stick out far enough from the camera
> that there would be a shadow cast by the lens in the image.
>
> I suspect that all of
> the macro lenses especially those on the telescoping tube would have
> problems when focused very close.

Right. Any 50 mm or shorter lens cast shadow on the object when telescopic
tube is fully extended. From 85 mm upwards (tested with 85~250/5) there's no
problem with shadow casting.
I don't know what would happen with the shorter special macro lenses.
I suppose this trouble coud be solved if t32 are carefully setup, but cannot
try this myself.

Fernando