Re: [OM] Infinity Focus problem - 55mm f1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] Infinity Focus problem - 55mm f1.2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:52:52 -0700
Consider also the possibility that your mirror is out of adjustment before taking a lens apart. If you have different bodies, check it out on them. Check out other lenses on the same body with the 2.5x. I bought a zoom a while ago and was checking it out when I discovered that it wouldn't focus to infinity at the wide end. I was getting all wound up about all the hassle of a return, but then thought to check it out on another body and vice versa. I had one body with the mirror out of adjustment. Remember the critical focal distance is lens to film and the viewfinder has to be adjusted to that.

Moose