Re: [OM] An intro and re: train hazards

Subject: Re: [OM] An intro and re: train hazards
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:47:10 -0400
In a message dated 7/11/2003 7:31:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, jms@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Times have changed, it's more than your safety they're worried about
> now. With all of the terorist alerts in the shipping world, the first
> thought when railroad emmployees see someone photographing trains is
> that the photographer is making plans for some sort of
> attack.
Brings back memories of 1969 or 70, when I was in college, of carrying a 4X5
view camera out to Houston Intercontential Airport.  Waltzed right in, set up
the camera and took pictures of the tunnels under the airport buildings, inside
and out side the buildings and I think I was in the walkways going to the gates
when security caught up with me.  Got to take a little trip to security and had
some explaining to do, however was soon released and sent on my way to complete
my project. In today's world I'd probably be buried under the tunnels or sent
to Cuba.  Heck, we can't even carry a roll of film with us on vacation.  It is
unfortunate that the peoples of the world can not get along and respect one
another.  Bill Barber