Re: [OM] Olympus 35 EC instruction manual?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 35 EC instruction manual?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:58:16 -0500
Hi, Pekka --

I didn't see any replies to your query so I guess nobody has a manual.
Neither do I, but I'd be pleased to answer any questions you might have.

To start, the EC uses two type 640 batteries.  These were originally
mercury cells, and the replacements are higher-voltage alkaline cells,
but I haven't seen any problems caused by using them.  It's common for
these batteries to leak, however, and chances are the battery contacts
are corroded.  If so, they'll need to be cleaned or replaced.  Another
caution is that sometimes the corrosion invades the battery cover,
causing the contact in it to short to the body.  If so, this will drain
the batteries rather quickly.  Keep that in mind if you see a problem.

Next, the EC has to have batteries in it to work.  You can wind and fire
the camera, but the shutter will never open unless power is getting to
the circuits.  The way to check is to watch the yellow lamp on the top,
and through the eyepiece -- it should glow as you press the release
button down half way.  If not, don't expect to get a photo.

If you'd like any more info, just ask....