[OM] RR photos

Subject: [OM] RR photos
From: Matthew Born <mborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:15:23 -0400
Many thanks for the kind welcomes to the list! It's a great feeling to be
let in -- and a somewhat unusual thing on 'net digests. There is a terrific
"feel" to this list missing from most. My dad has nothing on the net that
I'm aware of; his stuff has been in some of the magazines over the years
(Railpace, Trains, a few others) and in a couple of books, including the
excellent series on the Pennsy called "Triumph." I have a handful on my
website (serif-design.com) but they're not especially good, I fear. When I
cobbled it together a few years back I was overdoing Photoshop big time. The
few straight up B&W there are better and the best of them, of the narrow
gauge RR, was taken by my wife and is the only OM shot on the site!
(coincidence?) I quit that a PS madness couple years ago but have neglected
the site all along. In fact, I never got around to loading the last couple
of rows of photos. I vow to one day return and sink some effort into the
site, when pesky clients leave me alone. (Wait, that's not something to root
for...)

MB