Re: [OM] Travel kit questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel kit questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:16:53 -0700
Certainly better than nothing, but still not quite close enough. I'm trying to decide if I need to carry around a 7mm ext. tube or a close-up lens to get it closer.

This is partly your fault, you know, from your visit to the East Bay. :-)

Speaking of this lens and your visit, I just used the lens today when I saw a bright yellow flower beside the road right in front of the Steam Trains where we met. I went back and checked it out. It, and a smaller companion are yellow lupine, something I've never seen there. Lots of blue/purple lupine, but it's blooming season has been over for some time. Yellow lupine grows out by the ocean as big as small trees. So what is this one doing where it is dry and hot much of the time and blooming so late? Anyway, it has now been photographed with a 35-105/3.5-4.5 on an OM-4 with T circuit. Just snapshots, didn't get out the tripod and get serious on a narrow shoulder where traffic moves pretty fast.

Moose

Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:

Don't forget, the 35-105 comes with a build-in auto extension tube.
Really handy when travelling on limited space :)