Re: [OM] Flying Legends, was Weekend at Bernnie's

Subject: Re: [OM] Flying Legends, was Weekend at Bernnie's
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:10:46 +0200
Hello Chris, you wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Barker" <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I have got jaded with airshows, and my work is flying so why watch
> more?  This is especially true since I would like to be doing what the
> pilots at the airshows are doing ;-).  However, Gary Edwards is here
> for the Flying Legends show at Duxford so I bought a ticket to visit
> the show with him and his friend.
> In my brief encounter with Gary yesterday, he has confirmed my
> understanding of him as jolly nice bloke; today is going to be a good
> day: aircraft, Zuikos and then a barbeque this evening at our place to
> tell ourselves how good our photos will be!

I've seen some images at the TV news about a crash of a plane in a meeting
not far from Cambridge...
I've made a search on the BBC site and found some details...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/3061391.stm
too bad it was supposed to be a good day...hope you have nevertheless spent
a fine moment with Gary which is as you said a jolly nice bloke.
regards
marc
namur
Belgium