[OM] KEH-Anyone ever sell or trade TO them???

Subject: [OM] KEH-Anyone ever sell or trade TO them???
From: "Gary M. Teller" <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:55:33 -0400
Hi all,

Has anyone ever sold or traded TO KEH? I like to know about your experience whether over the phone, internet, or in person. Since I live not too far from their "store" I can actually take stuff to them for a look see rather than try to describe it over the phone or in an email.

Were they fair in their offer or valuation or were you offered what amounted to 1/2 of an average retail price?

Any other comments or experiences?

I know the subject of "fair price" is pretty subjective and there's also the question of whose retail price we're talking about...KEH's, eBay's, your local camera shop. My CFO, a retailing wizard in her own right, has ingrained into my brain the fact that a lot of retail prices are simply double the seller's purchase cost. Or, to put it another way, the offer will only be half of what the buyer hopes/expects to sell it for.

OM content: That which is OM will be offered to the list first when the time comes.

Thanks,

Gary