Re: [OM] Adaptall with 2xa/1.4xa

Subject: Re: [OM] Adaptall with 2xa/1.4xa
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:13:52 -0700
The Zuiko 1.4x works very well with the Tamron 400mm f4! I haven't had a
chance to try it but I was told it also works well with the Tamron 180
f2.5. I have only verified that the Olympus 1.4x mounts on the Tamron
180 f2.5.

The front element of the Olympus 1.4x extends approximately 0.35" into
the lens it is mounted to. The backside element extends into the camera
body less than the bayonet mount itself.

The front element of the Tamron 140F  is recessed behind the Adaptall
mounting surface. The rear element is similar to the Olympus. It extends
into the camera body less than the bayonet mount. The 140F doesn't say
SP anywhere on it so it probably isn't the SP version. I haven't got
around to testing it since the Olympus teleconverter is quicker to put
on or take off and gives great results.

The Tamron SP 2x teleconverter has a recessed front element. The rear
element extends to the backside of the Olympus bayonet mount. I've read
that the 2x teleconverters don't have as good of performance as the 1.4x
teleconverters. I haven't had them with me when I've had a need for them
so I don't know first hand.

The Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter has a recessed front
element.

Other replies mentioned the fun of removing adaptall adapter, attaching
teleconverter, attaching adaptall adapter ...  The adapter doesn't
provide near as much entertainment with non-adaptall teleconverters
since it is just left on the lens.

-jeff