[OM] Put the blame where it is..

Subject: [OM] Put the blame where it is..
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:34:44 +0800
So I'm at my local camera shop, (just dropped off 6 rolls of film for development)..

A guy comes into the shop, has an old N*kon, and starts going off on how it's a horrible camera etc..

Well, being this is an OM list, we already knew that it was inferior ;-) But that's not the only story..

So he commits a few sins that he blames on the camera:

#1) He found the cheapest developer he could find. He got prints, and then reprints at another place. Both printed on cheap thin, tissue paper like prints, with horrible inconsistent color.

#2)  He took pics in Colorado, and HE LEFT THE FILM IN THE CAR FOR 2 WEEKS.
Now I'm not from Colorado, and I don't know how hot it gets there, but I wrecken' it gets mighty hot inside a car..

#3)  He shot every shot, into the sun.

#4)  Did I mention it was P&S camera that has a plastic lens??

#5) He bought consumer film that didn't even have an ISO printed on the side; it just said "Max".

So, he complained how it MUST be the camera..

Inaccurate colors, uneven fading, no two prints look a like, flare like there' s no tomorrow..

I am now man enough to blame myself before I blame the camera, why won't most men??

OM Content; I see my OM takes much better pictures than a plastic lens'ed N*kon P&S. Of course, it would be embarrassing if it didn't..

Albert