Re: [OM] Put the blame where it is..

Subject: Re: [OM] Put the blame where it is..
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:46:40 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "AG Schnozz" <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 4:03 PM

> >I hope the person at the camera store set them straight.
>
> You obviously haven't worked retail.  The customer is ALWAYS
> RIGHT!
>
> I would have upsold to a better camera and given him some
> "suggestions" on how to make the new camera work better:  "This
> N*k*n F1OO won't work well with Se*ttle F*lm W*rks film..."

See, I work tech support, so the customer is almost always wrong (well not
really, but what they think is causing the problem is almost never correct).

I was more going from the perspective of if that was the store that sold him
the camera and now had to explain to an annoyed customer who was saying the
camera they sold him was no good. Then, explaining what bad processing and
bad film selection will do is very important. And sometimes you will still
find shops that are willing to take the time to figure out what your needs
are and make suggestions around that instead of what they just make the most
money off of.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/