[OM] OT Magicube flash bulbs

Subject: [OM] OT Magicube flash bulbs
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:41:28 +1000
G'day Zuiks,

I know this is OT but can anybody on the list kindly explain the workings of
these devices? I know that a vertical rod dislodges a spring wire at the
base of the unit which then strikes the lower end of the bulb thus causing
the bulb to ignite. What puzzles me is that there is apparently no
electrical circuitry involved leading me to think that there must be a
chemical reaction/explosion taking place. Am I on the right track?

John.
Sydney, Oz.