Re: [OM] Put the blame where it is..

Subject: Re: [OM] Put the blame where it is..
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:34:04 -0500
At 08:26 AM 7/16/03, tOM wrote:
On Wednesday, July 16, 2003 at 2:58
John A. Lind <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> sturdy with a large, heavy flash mounted in it. I've also experimented with > cabling from a TTL Auto Connector 4 on the camera to the upside down T20 Auto
> Connector and puting the flash's OM module in it.  Haven't worked out a
> satisfactory routing of cable release, flash cables and power cable from slab to > flash yet. Something always gets tangled too easily when rotating the camera .
> . . or the cable release from bracket handle to shutter release flops down
> behind the camera and gets in the way of the viewfinder. Still need to work on > alternate setups with all the cabling. There's also a need to be very flexible

Have you thought of taping the wires down with gaffer's tape?

Yes, it's the universal on-location fix-it material. The shutter release cable release that runs from bracket handle to camera shutter button, and camera to flash cable must be able to flex and reposition themselves when the camera is rotated. They're the two that get tangled together when rotating the camera.

Still working on various routing arrangements that might be used with the TTL Auto Connector 4 and the 0.3m straight TTL cord or the 0.6m coiled TTL cord. Using the Shoe 4 and puting the Sunpak or Metz TTL module in the shoe works fine. The modules keep the shutter release cable in place over the top of the camera body. Every so often I pull out the cables, TTL Auto Connector 4 and try yet another scheme. I feel Edison's pain in trying to find a suitable light bulb filament. Some day I'll work it out a reliable arrangement.

-- John