Re: [OM] Weird picture problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Weird picture problem
From: "Paul Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:55:52 -0500 (CDT)
The shutter is not self-capping as it is being recocked. ie a small
slit is opening between the curtains as they are being drawn back
across the film gate. This is making a dim second picture. The slit
may vary as it crosses the gate, accounting for the stripiness. The
winder may be exacerbating the problem by the way it yanks the
curtains back in a fraction of a second. Examine the shutter curtains'
motion  as you rewind with the back open.

That's my guess.