[OM] [OT] Reporting Fraud on *bay

Subject: [OM] [OT] Reporting Fraud on *bay
From: "RickM" <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:21:40 -0700
One thing i discovered on my travels through *bay land last night (other
than a mini-flame war regarding the legality, morality and consequences of
bidding $10million on a lens) was that, lo and behold, you can reach
somebody live on *bay...  this was news to me and, in case it is to others,
access is via a button labeled "Live Help" about 2/3 of the way down the
page at:
<http://pages.ebay.com/help/index_popup.html?confidence=problems-account-the
ft.html>

Since the auctions went down soon after my bid (coincidence or did the bid
wake somebody up?) i didn't personally try it, but unverified reports say
that they have some good people working there and pull auctions quickly...

I found reporting via their fraud form useless, as the auctions were still
up 8 hours later (this was their previous scam postings)...  no idea what
the url was and no point hunting it down again...  never heard back from
*bay on that other than an automated email saying "don't reply here and go
away"...

Likewise i found their 1-800-322-9266 general number a waste of time...
possibly calling during their business hours might do something, i don't get
that impression though...

If you have a perverse sense of humour and a lot of time on your hands, you
may find the discussion boards of interest...  personally i would recommend
against, 2 visits was 2 too many and, though i have been invited to join an
apparently radical element on the boards, i had to regretfully declined the
invitation...

OM content: i put the $10M on a 90/2 running at 10Billion to 1 odds...  ;)

If you've read this far, my apologies....

RickM