Re: [OM] Adaptall etc?

Subject: Re: [OM] Adaptall etc?
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:46:51 -0400
1.  70's era Tamrons had the "Adaptall" mount.  I only had one of those but
mine was not a stellar performer.

2.  The Fixed mount series are sometimes called "F-series" because the mount
is.... well you know.  An "F-series Tamron for Olympus
OM" should not be confused with an "lens for fit Nikon's F-series".

3.  The later Tamrons are the ones that people are excited about.  As you've
already heard, the mounts say "Adaptall 2", with a
space in between.  The box for my 135/f2.5 says "Adaptall-2", with a hypen in
between.  In Ebay auctions, you don't want to limit
yourself to one or the other.

4.  Speaking of ebay, when I bought my 135, it had a Konica mount bit I bought
it anyway, just because I had $35 burning a hole in
my pocket, it is perfect, and it came with the correct hard case.  I have
swapped over the right mount from a different lens.  Did
you know this baby has a retractable hood?  It's at least as sharp as the
135/3.5 Zuiko.

Someone posted a link to the "3rd Party Cult Lens Site".  Use it.  It will
expand your mind as well as your lens options.

Lama