[OM] [OT] Olympus Stylus Question

Subject: [OM] [OT] Olympus Stylus Question
From: "RickM" <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:55:20 -0700
A couple of weeks back, an innocent question about the XA series that
various members mention from time to time, lead to a discussion extolling
its virtues (with the exception of Lama's experience)...  it also raised a
whole new issue, with the Stylus series being brought into play....

So, two weeks later, i now have an XA3 (very cute), with an XA2 on the way
for my gf, and also an XA coming that i accidentally bought by "watching" it
by using a low bid...   i don't think i need an XA4, and with a black Stylus
Epic 35/2.8 also on the way, i think i'll quit while i'm, err, ahead....

Looking at the info on the Stylus range, they have the various zoom models,
the latest being the 170...  the idea of a pocket camera with a 38 ~ 170 mm
range is tempting, though f4.8 ~ 13 seems a bit slow...  presumably, the 170
supplants any need to consider the 140, 80 and other models, or do they have
other advantages....?  my impression from the little i've heard about zoom
p&s's, is that they zoom slowly and don't neccessarily zoom on what you want
them to...  i've never tried one though, so i have no personal experience to
go by...

Anyone have any comments or experience with these...?

Thanks,

RickM