Re: [OM] RE: 2SP Illuminator (was Plastic Lens question)

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: 2SP Illuminator (was Plastic Lens question)
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:32:07 +0100
Why would you want to put an external illuminator on a 2SP anyway?
Placing a control on a "right side grip" will make it impossible to use a
winder or motor
The body of the illuminator will of necessity cover the window, meaning that
daylight will be useless to you, so you'll need to use the illuminator
permanently.
Would your illuminator be bright enough to compete with a finder full of a
daylight scene?
If so, what would you be looking at night?
How would you attach the illuminator without either damaging the shell of
the camera, having tape or similar in places you don't want it, or having to
re - attach it every five seconds or so?
The only benefit I can see for doing this is a marginal increase in battery
life. If battery drain is an issue for you, don't buy an OM2S.

My GBP 0.02 worth.

Julian