Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?

Subject: Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:49:02 -0400
Personally, I think the risk is fairly small.  I've shipped around a
thousand OM boxes in the last 4 years.  Not ONE has been lost. Not one
insurance claim. As long as they were properly insured for their supportable
value (have to be able to prove it), then the risk is trivially low.  I
guess we could have a dishonest member that would steal, but that doesn't
worry me either.

I've loaned out my Tamron 80-200, my 35-80/2.8, my 350/2.8 (OK, he ended up
buying it) and much more,  BUT (and this is a big one), I'm in a position to
afford to absorb the loss.  Not every one is.

Right now, the interesting things I'd throw into the rotation include the
Tamron 80-200/2.8, Tamron 60-300, the Zuiko 600 (yep, 600), Zuiko 21/3.5,
maybe a 28/2 and 35/2.  35-105/3.5-4.5.  Maybe a T-Power/T-10/T-28 Single.
I'll have to open the boxes to see what else.

Tom

> Siddiq, what items are the "website" passing around, and how is it working
> for them?  Are they an international group or just based in one
> country/continent?  I have this mental image of sending something to oz,
> from there it goes to taiwan, then the uk, then....
Just my halfpenny's worth...