Re: [OM] [OT] New batteries for my Dad's cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] New batteries for my Dad's cameras
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:04:25 -0500
At 10:36 PM 7/20/03, Steve Goss wrote:
Yes, I'm sure they are alkaline, the batteries had an "a" suffix, and I seem to remember them having the word alkaline spelled out. Based on how well they *don't* work in the OM-1, I figured they were trouble.

Yes, the alkalines *are* trouble for the Photomic. Sorry if I my question was ambiguous.

Was questioning the form factor, not the alkaline aspect. The PX76A has the same form factor as the SR44 and 357. It's Duracell's number for the alkaline version. The Nik*n site cites the old Photomic finders using the PX625 mercury which has a different form factor (Duracell's alkaline "replacement" for it is the PX625A).

-- John