Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?

Subject: Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:51:03 +1000
Probably pick up a beater old mju for not much - or how about an original Trip 35? Heavier for postage but VERY reliable. Cheap to circulate within a country but then some poor bugger down the list gets stuck with the overseas postage. The best results for the disposables were with a Fuji - could paint an Oly logo on it. Shame it's not a Leica list where a sticky red spot would do the job! Warning - set the ground rules first and then make every participant agree in some way. You need volunteer(s) to process, to scan and to put on the net too. Or there's he old 'One day in the life...' approach - everyone takes a pic on the same day.

What subject? Self portrait? 'My favorite body part'? Gnomes?
Andrew

The pix from the round the world camera here (I'm #17) -
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/photoforum/ptc/vag/vagabond.htm

Details while in progress here -
http://www.st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk/vagabond/