Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?

Subject: Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:34:55 +0200
I really like that idea -- would probably be more fun and art than
anything else, but it holds sufficient geek-value to be intriguing :)

--thomas

(who's now hanging only 3 1/2 more in this damm airport before he can
board his plane -- free wireless internet rulez)

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:19:58 -0400
"Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But after it has been shipped a dozen times, will it be the same
> lens?  I doubt it.
>
> If everyone is responsible for knocking it around just a tiny bit,
> instead of staying on your shelf one person will take the hit and
> everyone else's take is, "It wasn't *ME*!"
>
> Unless, what about this, what if we ship the ultimate body cap all
> over the world, just for the stunt of it?  What if we have a TOPE
> where everyone uses the same 50/1.8?
>
> It gets lost?  It gets fingerprints?  No harm, no foul.
>
> Lama
>
> From: "Tom Scales"
> > OK, how about this.  Let's take an interesting lens, like the
> > 21/3.5.  I start it on its around the world rotation. Everyone
> > whose hands it passes through has to submit one picture to a Tope
> > XX USING THAT LENS.  In other words, photos taken around the
> > world, all through the eye of the same lens. Heck, I'll attach it
> > to an OM-4T body if that makes it more interesting.
> >
> > Nobody gets to keep the lens for more than 7 calendar days.
> >
> > Tom

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering