Re: [OM] Photographing the Concorde in the UK before it's too late....

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographing the Concorde in the UK before it's too late....
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:16:08 +0200
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:56:24 +0100
"Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >     (iv)  the chances of being stamped as terrorist and dragged
> >           into the back of the airfield to be shot by
> >           over-paranoid airport authorities, for carrying a
> >           camera around in a
> >              photogenic spot which happens to be in the proximity
> >              of Heathrow airport?
> >

> Knowing the UK probably high!

That's what I feared :(

> You should be OK if you let them know
> you're there.

Either that, or they'll just post snipers in advance and skip the
"dragging into the back of the airfield" part :(

> Pah! Concord! Urrrggg! :) As far as I know dear old
> Richard is still negotiating to buy them from BA.

Wouldn't that be Sir Richard? If I recall correctly? Well, I did not
know that -- good news indeed.

> I hope he succeeds. As
> much as I think Concord is like lobster I still would love to see
> someone keep it flying.

Bah, you obviously do not know beauty, even if it flies over you at
subersonic speed :) And even if you don't, it being the only
passenger jet going supersonic makes it interresting in its own right
:) (of course, a passenger-non-jet going supersonic would be
interresting too....)

--thomas

(who still thinks that, well, the concorde *is* beautifull...)

> All the best,
> Gareth.
>
> --
>
> Gareth.J.Martin
>
> Research Postgraduate
> School of Geographical Sciences
> University of Bristol
> University Road
> Bristol
> BS8 1SS
>
> g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
> eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
> http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary
>
> "The only way of discovering the limits of the possible
> is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."
>
> Arthur C. Clarke's Second Law.
>
> "There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not
> wave in a vacuum."
>
> Arthur C. Clarke

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)