Re: [OM] [OT] Olympus Stylus Question

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Olympus Stylus Question
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:16:20 -0500
I just spent yesterday evening shooting a model on a dusty old back country
bridge west of Ft. Worth in 100+ degree (F) heat.  Did I use my Stylus Zoom
140?  Not a chance!

Last weekend I set up the inflatable pool in the shade of the garage and got
some shots of my 7 month old son and 3 1/5 year old daughter.  Did I use my
OM-4t?  Not a chance!

Don't get me wrong -- every product has it's place.  For happy-snaps,
vacations and what-not, pocket cameras are great.  I venture that more photos
are being taken because of them.  The days of everyone lugging around an SLR
as they hike down the Grand Canyon are long gone.

Go ahead, pick up a nice pocket camera, zoom or not, AF or not, Auto-flash or
Auto-wind or not, whatever your heart's desire.  You'll probably end up taking
it places you'd never take your SLR kit, and get shots that will bring you
fond memories.  Not every frame has to be a masterpiece, you know!

Clint (wryly considering his own advice, vowing to take more shots of his own
kids.)