RE: OT Credibility (?) Re: [OM] Corrupted

Subject: RE: OT Credibility (?) Re: [OM] Corrupted
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
Jim T. wrote:
>I'm not heading off road looking for mud bogs to slog through
>or fallen trees to jump.

Let's see.  I'm in the midst of an upgrade project to my
mud-bogging, tree-jumping Jeep.

No more sissy car tires.  Getting something a bit meatier.  Will
have to toss a couple inches of lift underneath to prevent
excessive tire rub.

Have 163,000 miles on the beast and it's still going strong.  A
few scratches and dings, but the important gizmos are still
running good.  It does pay to buy something built rugged.

If my vehicles never ventured off-road, I'd probably consider
getting one of those nifty AWD crossover wonder-blobs.  But my
experience with the J**ps has taught me that a bit rougher ride
is well worth it down the road.  A solid frame and
industrial-strength drivetrain/suspension do pay for themselves.

Oh, I try to actually USE my 4WD at least once a week.  For me,
it truely is a part of my camera gear.  (transporter, access
device).

AG-sorry for the OT, but it is labeled as such-Schnozz