Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?

Subject: Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?
From: "Gary M. Teller" <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:01:25 -0400
Conceptually, I think it's a great idea but fraught with risks as already stated by others. The idea of meeting in person is great for those that can do so. There have been times where I've thought it would be nice to check out a lens without commitment. Maybe I was toying with the idea of acquiring another lens or, once, thinking about borrowing some stuff for a special project. I'm not comfortable with the "pass around" part of the equation from a logistics point of view. I would only opt for one to one and return shipping and have no problem with the trust aspects if dealing with list members.

So consider this: Let those in need send in a post with a subject of Want to Check Out/Borrow/Evaluate/Trade or whatever word you want to use. Simply state what you're looking for, why and where you live. If any of us have the sought item and would be willing to part with it we should contact the searcher offline. Sorta WTB Light. Use terms and conditions similar to those of Tom S. (I suspect most of us have already done or would have done so) and we might just have yet another way to enable listees.

I'll go first.  [OM]  Want to try out, with hopes to buy, Zuiko 90/2.

Hey, humor me for a minute. I'm stuck inside of Tulsa with the Okie blues again and it's 100 + degrees F outside. (Apologies to Bob Dylan) Not quite as good as a drier Arizona heat and marginally better than the cooler, but more humid, Georgia heat.

To Moose: Geez, if I didn't know better I thought you were describing my local post office. Are you near any other options such as Office Depot stores for UPS, the UPS stores (formerly Mail Boxes, etc.), or Fedex at Kinkos? Sure they may cost more than USPS but isn't your time worth something?

Gary