Re: [OM] Shots with the 21/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Shots with the 21/3.5
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:27:48 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 10:15 PM

> Forward and Back buttons would make it much easier to view the site.

Hi Moose,

Definitely agree with you here but this is one area where the dynamic
scripts I wrote for my site to save me work in a lot of ways is going to
then create a lot of work for me to implement this (In fact I still haven't
figured out a simple solution to do this). The problem is that all of the
HTML for those pages is generated dynamically. The huge advantage to this
has been that when I add new pictures to my site I don't need to code up a
bunch of pages for the index and then viewing the larger versions. Also, it
means that if I change the look of my site I only need to update it in one
spot and it updates for all of those pages. The drawback is that in some
cases I need extremely specific content and the generalised aproach makes it
difficult.

Currently, the index page (which is really the beginings of a photo search
script for my site) is linking to my generalised "display a bigger version
of this picture" script for each of the images. In order to give back and
next buttons on this page, that generalised script needs to know that it's
showing 1 image in a sequence of images (as opposed to a single image which
is what it was designed for) and then what the previous and next images are.
I've gotten to the point where I know how I could make the script present
you with a back and next button on that screen but then I haven't quite
figured out how to make it work so that once you click on one of those
links, you get the appropriate back and next links for that image. I think I
can do this though once I have my database of photos back up and running and
tied into the site.

Apologies for the lengthy response to what should be a simple suggestion.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/