Re: [OM] Travel kit

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel kit
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:47:33 -0500
I've read the posts regarding this with interest, as I'm going to Ireland for a
week in August and have to plan my kit.  I'm REALLY going to go small this
time, as I've found that lugging any sizable kit around for a week kills me.  I
don't understand how you guys can carry those kits with 3-4 bodies and 4-6
lenses around.  As someone pointed out, I'm taking a kit to take travel
pictures, not traveling to take pictures, so my selection will be much more
restrained and within the limits of what's family-friendly.

Currently, I'm planning on:

2 bodies, one to stay in my bag
21mm
35mm and/or 50mm
90mm
Polarizer for the 35/50
Film, Portra 160 and 800, maybe some chrome
Flash
P&S for my wife

And that's it.  No long lens, no Macro, no zoom.  It will all live in a Hadley
Pro bag or in a belt system.

Reservations:
- Longer lens (200?)
- Macro

Oh, and shhhhh........I'm going to take a Leica kit, no SLR's this time.  Am I
crazy?

If I was to switch to an OM-4t (which I may still do), I'd take the 21/3.5, 35
shift, 35-70/3.5-4.5, and the 135/2.8.

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost