Re: SUV=Minivan; was:OT Credibility (?) Re: [OM] Corrupted

Subject: Re: SUV=Minivan; was:OT Credibility (?) Re: [OM] Corrupted
From: The Butler Family <butlerfamly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:02:16 -0700
AG dreamed:
I don't know about that.  I've got visions of it lifted about
6-8 inches and 35" mud-bogging tires.  Upgrade the drivetrain to
support an additional 200 hp under the hood...  Man, that would
make one cool looking off-road vehicle.

Ken,

Other than the tires that sounds a lot like a Subaru WRX STi Wagon, and I think it is still sub $40,000.

In the world of "SUV's" the US tends to ignore what Europe and Asia are putting on our roads ,"Street Legal", derived from their World Rally Championship (WRC) efforts. These are not for the technologically shy however. A typical WRC car has 3 active differentials, engine computers that rival Formula 1, Traction control (Controlled slip ratios) all on the most brutal road surfaces (or lack of) available to the Rally Organizer.

I hope I can find one used when I wear out my current ride.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California