Re: [OM] OM-2 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:00:20 -0700
John Hermanson wrote:

Do the shutter speeds change in manual

No, every setting but 'B' (which works properly) gives the same apparent speed.

, and is the camera shooting in manual when the switch is set to auto?

I don't know! It acts exactly the same in auto as in manual, so it could be shooting in manual when set to auto. There is no difference in auto whether there is a lens, open, bodycap, lots of light, no light, film, no film, so it could be that manual has a problem and auto setting of the switch is also giving flawed manual results.

I just tried working the switch back and forth fairly virgorously. On the first shot after that, at a slow speed, the mirror locked up and the shutter didn't fire (first curtain pattern visible). Had to go to 'B' to release it. Hasn't done that again, however, even after some more switch twiddling, and still acts as I described before.

Moose