Re: [OM] Travel kit

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel kit
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:58:51 -0700 (PDT)
>The reason for such a small kit is that we're doing a
"credit->card" bicycle tour and I don't want too much additional
weight >to pedal up those Irish hills that I've heard so much
about.

Best friend and his wife is going to be doing one of those
bicycle tours around the same time.  Yes, I'm very wishing I
could go--been to Ireland a number of times and absolutely love
it.  Could settle down and live there very easily.

Last September I went backpacking on Isle Royale and took a
larger kit than I probably should have.  My back definitely says
I took too much.  I took two bodies, 24/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/3.5,
100/2.8 and 200/4.  The thought of packing just the IS-3 crossed
my mind a few hundred times while hiking.  Oh, did I mention the
monopod, tripod and XA?

Plan on taking half of what you'd think is your minimum kit and
take half of that.

Now, to go get on my bike...

AG-oversized cheeks swallowing bike seat-Schnozz